This is the third year in a row that we’ve been able to give discounts on top of our already adjusted prices, but this time it doesn’t stop after the holidays are over…
Here’s wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving! We’ll be closed tomorrow, November 24th, to celebrate the holiday. On the 25th we’ll be open until noon.
Be safe, everyone!
We just suffered through Hurricane Harvey, and now here comes Hurricane Irma, so we’re keeping this checklist up at the top of our blog. Let’s all make sure to stay safe, and if you need us, we’re here for you.
So, on to the hurricane preparedness list…
BEFORE THE HURRICANE
- Check all sump pumps, float switches and alarms in elevator pits.
- Close up all vents and openings in top of hoistway and machine room to prevent water from entering.
- If elevators open to the outside, place sandbags along the bottom of hoistway doors. Since this makes the elevator unusable, do this just before shutting down the elevator.
DURING THE HURRICANE
- Run elevators to the top floor of hoistway and pull the main breaker in the elevator machine room (not in the building’s main breaker room).
- Park elevators with doors closed.
- Do not operate elevators during the hurricane.
AFTER THE HURRICANE
- Inspect the elevator pit, cab and machine room for any water. Do not energize main line breaker if water is found.
- If water is found, call your elevator service provider immediately!
- Do not attempt to start elevator if power is out – call your electric company
Even with the proper preparations, hurricanes often cause power outages and surges that can stop elevators between floors and entrap passengers, and worse, knock out the emergency communication system. Be aware that people may be trapped in elevators with no way to call for help. We can’t state this strongly enough: never try to exit, or attempt to help others exit, a stalled elevator without trained professional rescue workers on hand.
It’s time to start scheduling escalator cleandowns.
Escalators, moving walks, and their components should be cleaned periodically to prevent accumulations of dirt, grit, lubricants, and all the candy wrappers, lollipop sticks, bottle caps, and other weird stuff that somehow makes its way into the inner workings of the machine.
Sure, it’s a dirty job, but you know what they say: Someone’s got to do it. The good news is we do what we can to make it quicker and easier.
First of all, remember the barricade. Keep yourself and the public safe. If your current ones are falling apart, which they oft seem to do, give ours a try. They’re going to be some of the best built, sturdiest, and long lasting barricades you can get:
Cleaners, wax, pit pads, rags … we have you covered. These are the basics you can’t do without:
· US63043 Concentrated Cleaner, Case (4 gal) »
· USP23307 Handrail Cleaner, “Q”, Case (12 qt) »
· USP23277 Handrail Wax, Case (12 qt) »
· US514660 Pit Pads to absorb oil, Qty 100 »
· US500000010 Rags, 10lb Bag »
You know what else comes in handy? An Escalator Cleandown Vacuum:
How about a specially designed oiler to make lubrication fast and easy? We have you covered there, too:
We’ve had great feedback from the field on the OIL-EE. It allows oiling of step chains from outside the escalator pit – saving time and messy clean-up. Features include:
· Heavy duty 2 gallon polyethylene sprayer
· 45″ long heavy duty brass wand with replaceable oil brush
· Heavy duty trigger handle with lock
· Oil flow regulator valve
· 56″ heavy duty fuel line hose
· Retractable, sealed PVC brush cover with cap to limit oil dripping after use
Remember, scheduled escalator clean downs will, in the long run, save time and money, and also give an opportunity to discover problems that can be addressed before they become safety issues — or an even bigger problem.
Our summer special makes this the perfect time to not only bundle and save on your parts orders, but also on any of your big projects — it’s a chance for you to boost your profit margin! But since we already offer bundled repair parts packages for Montgomery E5000 escalators, this is a great time to save even more.
Watch this video for more info:
And remember, our Summer Special ends July 21st, so don’t delay!